Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Let's Play Catch Up...

I am SO behind on my blogging!!! After trying to persuade a friend to start a blog last week, I got the 'blogging fever,' so here I am! Let me catch you up on what has been going on...

Christmas 2012


   Our first married Christmas! We were so busy running the roads... Montgomery, Maplesville, Selma, Gadsden, Troy...we were busy! I worked the Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday before Christmas on Tuesday. I was 'dog tired' by the time I got to Troy after work on Sunday night!
   We had Christmas with the Taylors on December 15th. It was our first Christmas without Mamaw. I can't really explain it, but it felt like I was waiting for something all day long...waiting for Mamaw to walk through the kitchen door & say, 'Hey Tara!,' waiting for her to move her chair to the living room to open presents, waiting to hear her tell Shelene she wasn't cooking the food right (always SO funny), or waiting on her to get on to Brett & Bailee for something (she loved them but she ALWAYS stayed on them!). Ms. Bobbie made us a cross for Mamaw & Dadene's grave so we all went to the cemetary & put it on their grave.
 

   On Sunday, December 16th, we went to Gadsden for Christmas with Hunter's Mom's side of the family. Lots of fun & Granny's strawberry cake was so yummy!!! There is never a dull moment with Rexanne's 3 sisters around...they're so funny HILARIOUS!!!
   We had Christmas in Troy on Christmas Eve morning with Hunter's parents & his sister & her little family. His parents got us a nice, big gun safe for Christmas that we so desperately needed...we had guns hidden behind doors, in nightstands, under beds, under mattresses...EVERYWHERE!!! Now that we have a safe, we also have a place for other important things like papers & pictures.
   After Christmas in Troy, we hurried home & packed our bags for Maplesville. On our way, we stopped in Summerfield at Daddy's & had Christmas with them. Daddy gave me his granddaddy's old .22 rifle. It's so neat to have something that is 4 generations old!!!

 
   We had the Mitchell family Christmas in Plantersville at Mitchell & Heather's house this year. In case you didn't know, they are my cousins & they have sextuplets that are almost 2 years old, a 3 year old & they have taken in one of Heather's cousins. It was MUCH easier for all of us to go to their house than for all of them to load up & go else where. Every night after the Mitchell Christmas, I go with Aunt Kim to put an angel on Michelle's grave (Aunt Kim's daughter that got killed when she was 7 years old) & on Mamaw & J-Boy's grave.
   I managed to talk Hunter into us staying in Maplesville on Christmas Eve night. We exchanged gifts earlier in the week since I can't manage to keep a secret. I got him a Gamo air rifle & a few other small things. He got me the LL Bean boots that I've been wanting for years & a Pandora charm bracelet!



We really had a great Christmas!!! We are so blessed with the best family in this world. I am SO close to my family & so glad I got to spend the holidays with them. I absolutely LOVE Hunter's family (I talk to his Mom at least once a day & definitely text her once or more a day!)!!!! We hope your Christmas was as blessed as ours was!!!



Hunting Season 2012

   You didn't really think I'd write a new post without mentioning hunting season, did you? Let me start off by saying that Hunter climbed that dang tree AGAIN...yes, the one that he fell 18 feet out of. He is SO hard headed & I'll never understand it!!!!


Deer Season...

  
   Although I did get my first animal with my bow (I shot a bobcat the morning after we got home from our honeymoon), I didn't get the monster buck that I had hoped for. I shot a doe close to the end of the season.

   Hunter, however, had one of the best seasons of his life! My sweet Uncle Clem let us hunt out at his & Aunt Diane's house a couple of times & we hunted at our hunting land in Troy. None of his deer had huge racks but they all had atypical racks. He'd rather shoot a deer with a funny looking rack that a deer with a normal rack, any day!



Duck Season...

   Saige got to hunt ducks for the first time this year! Britton, one of my best friends (read her blog here), got drawn to hunt at the Eufaula National Wildlife Refuge & Hunter talked her in to taking him as a guest! They had fun!
This is one of my most favorite pictures!!!!!!....


Quail Season...

   Saige got her fair share of quail hunting this year! She got to hunt with her friends Charlie & Rosie (who are now the proud parents to 8 little boykin spaniel pups)! We also hunted in Troy & in Pine Hill. Here are a few pics...






Hog Season...sort of....

   There is no such thing as 'hog season,' because in Alabama, they're everywhere! Just shoot them!!! My brother-in-law & his dad invited us to their camp in Yellow Bluff to hunt. I had planned to deer hunt while they squirrel hunted. First of all, let me say that it was FREEZING. I saw the hog coming & he was limping. I thought...I could shoot him but it wouldn't be much of a challenge since he was limping...or I could let him go but a coyote might get him & he'll suffer. I also thought about Mr. David telling me to shoot a hog if I see one & since he was so nice to let me hunt, I ought to do what he asked. So, I decided to do the hog (and Mr. David) a favor & shoot! As soon as I shot, he flopped around & I had to turn my head before I started crying. I should have shot again but I just couldn't look at it!!! I turned around & saw Hunter, Matthew, Quintin & Mr. David coming down the powerline (good thing they weren't in the woods behind the hog!).

Up next is Saige's National Competition, Turkey Season & Collins turns 1 year old!!! Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are precious!!! Can't wait to read about Saige's competition. That's really cool.

    ReplyDelete