Monday, November 12, 2012

Honeymooning in Jamaica!




   I have seriously been slacking in my blogging lately, and I apologize! As most of you know, we got married October 13th & it was absolutely the most perfect day of my life! I had the wedding of my dreams, no doubt. Since we've been married, we've either been bow hunting or working almost every single day. Married life is great, but the whole name changing process haunts me in my sleep. Who knew it was such a pain??? FYI to all you youngins out there planning a wedding, DO NOT plan it less than a month away from the presidential election & if you're a nurse, DO NOT plan it close to the end of the year!! It took me HOURS to figure out if I could legally vote under Tara Brooke Mitchell in Pike County (where I'm registered), since I now live in Montgomery County & my name is legally Tara Mitchell Mathews now. I don't get to sign 'T. Mathews, RN' at work yet because I have to sign my name at work by the same name on my nursing license. Hopefully I'll get everything straightened out soon!!
   Anywho, after we left the wedding reception Saturday night, our driver picked us up at Mom's house & took us to downtown Montgomery to spend the night. Hunter thought that was the biggest waste of money, EVER, since we live 1 mile from downtown, but I told him he doesn't understand because he's a guy :). "I want to stay at home on our wedding night"...said no Bride ever. We ended up going home the next morning to shower because the air wasn't working in our hotel room.

Sunday, Oct. 14...

We left home around 6:30am & drove to Atlanta to the airport. Flight #DL0361 left at 12:26pm & we got to Montego Bay, Jamaica at 2:18pm.
 As soon as we got off the plane, we stood in the customs line for a while, then the Sandals folks met us with drinks! The ride to the resort was SCARY! The driver drove like an absolute maniac & I was a nervous wreck. Not to mention, the steering wheel is on the opposite side of the car & they drive on the opposite side of the road...weird. After we got settled in to room 618, we took a nap, then had dinner at a restaurant on the beach named Stew Fish.



Sunday, Oct. 15...

Sunday morning, we had breakfast in bed...but not really...more like breakfast in our on the balcony. YUM!
Sunday afternoon, Hunter made conversation with the husband of the couple that we rode to the resort from the airport with, at the bar. He (John Michael) & his wife (Angela) were from South Carolina & had gotten married on the same day we did. We decided to lay on the beach with them that afternoon. Little did we know, the 4 of us would end up spending the whole week together! She was a nurse, too, so we had LOTS to talk about! On Sunday afternoon, we kayaked, then went to dinner with Angela & John Michael.

 

Tuesday, Oct. 16...

Tuesday morning we got up, ate breakfast (we didn't miss a meal) & went out to the beach. We decided to snorkel out at the coral reef in front of Sandals! Hunter was the first person off of the boat & in the water...and as soon as he jumped in, he came up & his eyes were HUGE. From the look on his face, I thought he had seen a shark & I was going to lose my husband to a shark on our honeymoon. But, it was a 6 feet wide manta ray! I seriously almost didn't get off of that boat!

For dinner Tuesday night, we went to Tokyo Joe's. I love hibachi grill restaurants & John Michael had been talking about it the whole trip, so we HAD TO go!

Wednesday, Oct . 17...

Wednesday, the 4 of us went to the Sandals resort in Negril (I think?) to spend the day on their private island. We had TOO. MUCH. FUN.


 

Thursday, Oct. 18...

So much fun! We went to Ochos Rios to spend the day! We went zip-lining, rode the sky coaster (kind of like a ski lift), and climbed Dunn's River Falls.
Our stylish shoes :)





Friday, Oct. 19...

After an amazing 5 days in Jamaica, we flew home on Friday. As much fun as we had, I was so ready to be home. We missed Saige SO MUCH!!!! I actually cried one time while we were gone...did you know they play that dang Sarah McLachlan commercial with the abused animals, in JAMAICA? Geez!

We drove to Troy Friday night (Hunter's parents kept Saige all week) & when we got there, Saige ran out the door, ran back & forth from me to Hunter, juming up & down & turning circles in the air, and she was CRYING! I think it's safe to say she missed us as much as we missed her! We hunted on Saturday & I shot a bobcat :) Sunday, we celebrated Hunter's 31st birthday!

Hopefully we'll get the wedding picture disc from our photographer sometime this week & I'll get to do a blog post of our pictures!! I apologize for the format on this blog post being messed up, but I'm too sleepy to mess with it :) Have a fabulous week!!!

1 comment: